What is the Global Configuration Application?
Global Configuration Management integrates with the following CLM applications.
- The Requirements Management application (RM) delivers requirements definition and requirements management capabilities.
- The Quality Management (QM) application delivers testing and test management capabilities.
- The Design Management (DM) application delivers design management capabilities.
- The software configuration management part of the Rational Team Concert™ application delivers work item capabilities.
The hills for PLE state that
The Global Configuration Tool
- Need to view and work with the configuration at any level, i.e. product, subsystem, or component level
- Need to view and work with component variability, i.e. the component streams and baselines
- Need to view and navigate configurations on a per artifact type level, i.e. Local configurations
- Need to search, select and replace Local configurations when aggregating a Global configuration
- Need automation and let the tools do the heavy lifting at scale
User stories for the administration of global configurations
- As a practice leader, I need to understand the PLE process changes to my organization
- As a tools admin or practice lead, I need guidance on deploying the PLE tools and practices to my organization
- As a tools admin, I need to install media for the PLE solution to be available for download
- As a tools admin, I need to configure and activate configuration management services
- As a tools admin, I need to configure reporting in the context of a product variant
- As a configuration lead, I need to create components and configurations
- As a configuration lead, I need to set access rights to components and configurations
User stories for working with global configurations
- As a configuration lead, I need to search for global configurations
- As a configuration lead, I need to branch a global configuration stream from a global configuration baseline
- As a configuration lead, I need to replace contributions in a global configuration stream
- As a configuration lead, I need to set ownership and access rights to configurations
- As a configuration lead, I need to set the configuration context of a release
Configuration Management Application Designs
User Experience Low Fidelity Design
Early playback of Configuration Management
- Use-case: Pam the product manager is creating a product definition tree
- Use-case: Charles picks component configurations
User Experience High Fidelity Prototypes
Running code prototypes of Configuration Management Application
User Experience – IBM IoT Continuous Engineering 6.0 GA
Released version of Configuration Management Application